As Official printers to the World Land Trust we are delighted to donate the cost of printing a selection of WLT publications throughout the year.
Kingfisher Press Ltd is also one of only 12 Carbon Balanced Publication Printers in the UK. This prestigious accreditation demonstrates commitment to the environment by assessing and calculating the corporate carbon footprint. The resultant carbon emissions are carbon balanced (offset) by the World Land Trust by preserving endangered tropical forests that would otherwise be removed.
Kingfisher Press are minimising their impact on the environment in other areas too and are currently working towards full ISO 14001 accreditation to be completed in July 2016 which ensures organisations comply to the relevant environmental rules and regulations and minimize negative environmental impact.
So why would you not Carbon Balance your print?
- Most of the time there is little or no cost involved to the end user
- It supports and promotes green and Corporate Social Responsibility policies, carbon management programmes and sustainability
- It adds value to your offering to your clients and yet often costs you nothing
- You receive a certificate at the end of the year showing the Carbon Saved and Land Preserved – great for PR and Marketing
- You don’t have to do anything – just tell us you want your project carbon balanced – we will do the rest
- You help the World Land Trust preserve endangered habitats
Carbon Balancing – what is it?
Carbon offsetting (balancing) is a process whereby an individual or company takes action to prevent the release of emissions elsewhere, or secures the absorption of atmospheric carbon dioxide, of an amount that matches or exceeds their own unavoidable emissions.
Source WLT Website 2013.
Carbon balanced paper is where the carbon impact of a paper product has been estimated and balanced. In using a balanced paper you will be helping the World Land Trust preserve endangered rainforests and habitats.
What are the benefits?
You can hand your client a certificate at the end of the year that states in using, for example, Cocoon for their printed projects throughout the year, they could have saved XX kgs of carbon and helped the World Land Trust preserve XX square metres of endangered rainforest.
We provide a certificate which can be used for PR and Marketing, blogging, tweeting and websites. It’s a fabulous way to promote and support green and CSR policies and in most cases it costs you and your client virtually nothing!
Kingfisher Press will register the job for you, provide a logo for you to use if you wish, and provide the facts and figures for your PR along with a certificate at the end of year.
Contact us now for further information.